Wednesday 17 May 2017

WOW: Blooming Wednesday Again?!

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
How do Wednesdays keep coming around without feeling like it's been 7 days in between? I can't believe it's been a whole week since my last WOW and yet here I am. On Sunday, I rolled out of bed for Mother's Day which was very nice as I didn't have to do a thing. I've been battling a nasty cold and ulcer for the last 2 weeks and have been generally under the weather, but managed to get up for lunch on Sunday and just generally take it easy. All the flowers in the house have been an inspiration and I love having them around, but they always make me a bit sad because it's cold down my way and with the heating on, they simply won't last! My DD's always complain that -I- complain about this, but I can't help it. I like seeing flowers in the garden! And on quilts :)

Otherwise, I've been working on my DD's wedding wall hanging - prepping all the pieces so I can just WOW them into position one lovely afternoon (and make it all look so quick and easy!). People always ask me how I get my applique done so quick? There is no quick, I just prep at every available opportunity and it somehow comes together.

I also unwound Lily Rose this past weekend and had a little 'changing of the quilts' on my walls. I missed Lily Rose and like having her back up on my walls (behind me in this pic). Now I just have to buy a different mounting system so I don't have to look at the hanging stick. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while but never find the time. Anyway, speaking of time, I have applique prep to get on with!

What's Your WOW?



6 comments:

  1. Such lovely flowers. I know what you mean about the atmosphere in the how. Fortunately, here my patio can be seen from the large windows we have to it - I put my flowers out there and admire them through the window and they last longer. Happy Mother's Day, Esther from one mother to another. Lily Rose is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you have been so spoilt Esther, you are lucky with your two girls. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS How beautiful your Lilly Rose looks hanging behind you it is one beautiful quilt. Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to feeling better !! Love all the flowers and your beautiful quilt you have hanging up. Take care from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The days go by way too fast and I'm just not finding much time at all for my sewing :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...