Wednesday 10 May 2017

WOW: Back to Block 3

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
There are already stunning examples of Block 4 of Secret Garden being shown over in the Group as marvelous progress shots, but I am still playing with Block 3. I don't mind. I went enthusiastically into stitching my peeking cat face. A bit too enthusiastically as you can see from the buckling around the cat ear! I will fix that up today and also get my vase finished which will see my block finally done.
I'm so addicted to applique, I could just keep on like this each month indefinitely. But that is not the plan - next month Secret Garden takes a different turn and I can't wait to share the next step of the mystery with you. But for today, it's all about finishing Block 3.

What's Your WOW?


3 comments:

  1. love your applique. I am linking to a post I did a couple days ago for a big finish I had on my postage stamp quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther your pussycat and flowers are breath taking your appliqué pieces are always so clean sharp and perfect what a wonderful tutor you are, this is such a lovely block. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Esther! I wouldn't have noticed any puckering around the cat's ear if you hadn't pointed it out . . . I'm still not sure which ear! HAHA I am about to start on a huge applique project in a baby quilt for my expecting niece. What stitch do you use or do you hand applique? I am thinking I might need to use something different than my usual hand stitched blanket stitch because I know the quilt will be washed often. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...