Wednesday 31 May 2017

WOW: Back to Bed!

WOW =  WIPs On Wednesdays
It's been cold, wet and windy down my way which is the perfect time to get some serious WIP progress done. As you can see from the leaves of my backyard tree here, the colours right now are burnished and beautiful. It's a perfect time for getting inspired and creative. And you know, I had plans for this week, but they were not to be. I've been back in bed with a cold and a frightening attack of what I found out was vertigo - apparently brought on by my cold, although I've never experienced anything like it before.  I only have myself to blame - I went outside for a walk and forgot to put cotton in my ears and came down with a chill. I'm afraid that's all it takes, I'm one of these people who needs to be rugged up and plugged against cold winds at all times. However, I thought I knew better, so when I set out without the cotton in my pockets where it usually is, I simply decided to keep on anyway, instead of turning back. That'll teach me!

So today I'm sitting up in bed, eating warm soup and feeling so annoyed with myself.

What's Your WOW?



12 comments:

  1. hope you get to feeling better soon - I get spells of dizzyness sometimes and it is not fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon. Vertigo is very frightening; take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for a quick recovery. Maybe you need some V D3 and Magnesium to pep you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my sympathy, Esther! I had it for the first time last year and it was frightening. If I needed anything (like the loo), I had to go on my hands and knees. I felt completely helpless. I hope you soon feel much better! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you poor thing! Hope that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Esther,
    I hope you are feeling slightly better. The best place to be is inside, taking care of yourself. It won't be long and you'll feel like getting back into sewing again. I often suffer from vertigo usually from too much sinus pressure behind my ears/eyes. {{Hugs}}
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a few days of being dizzy, which of course was making me nauseous. The doctor said my sinuses weren't draining right. That's when I was prescribed the nose spray and it's been a life saver with my COPD too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! I'm so very sad to hear you're under the weather, Esther, and all the worse needing to contend with dizziness. Sending best wishes for a full and speedy return to greatness! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do hope that the soup does the trick and you are back on your feet soon. I suspect though that you could do a little stitching in bed... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're feeling better, Esther! Don't blame yourself. It's bad enough being sick without laying guilt on top of all your other symptoms. Sometimes Sick Just Happens! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your designs. You are such a talented lady! Maybe when I retire I will have time for more applique. But we are at the beginning of summer and it was 90 degrees last week. So seeing your beautiful fall leaves seem so strange. Take care of yourself. Vertigo is unsettling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...