Wednesday 22 June 2016

WOW: Time for a New Pattern!

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I'm loving these fabrics together, they really strike a chord with me 
I'm going to use them together in my new quilt design

I'm PDF-ing my latest pattern this morning. It's completely gorgeous (if I do say so myself!) and I hope to show it off straight after WOW this week, so be sure to pop back and have a look for yourself! This is all completely a spur of the moment thing, but it's such a straightforward quilt that I can get the pattern done in one day, so I've decided, why not?

I designed the quilt in question as a wedding gift for a friend who was looking for that special kind of quilt you only recognize when you set your eyes on it. I let her have a look at my latest designs and she picked this one out. Well, it was a good choice, she went ahead to make it up and I saw it for the first time on the weekend. What can I say? I was really impressed with how effective it looks, so I've decided to release it. 

There are many patterns in my folio that are ready for release ...but I haven't released them because I haven't had time to make them. I kind of feel that I should make all the quilts I design. This is an impossible task in just one lifetime, so I try to prioritize, but it's hard. So, I'm torn about seeing them made up..or just letting them sit on my shelf. Now, I've finally decided that I am at an age where I need to just put them out - so stay tuned and be sure to check back on Friday :) 
What's Your WOW?

8 comments:

  1. You are such a tease...can't wait to see the pattern. Your work is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tempting little corner you've shown us :0) Such lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther ... you could have a few people make up the quilts for you, so that you have an actual quilt to show, with the pattern. Designer Pat Sloan, does that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great combination of fabrics, I'm looking forward to see what you will make with them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow is all I can say about that newsprint fabric with the repro and the floral. It certainly works! Very intriguing choice. Keep putting those designs out there. You're so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spy applique!! Love whatever it is your plannung for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am simply a sucker for the printed word on fabric. I'm especially intrigued by the combination of word and reproduction fabrics and I'm looking forward to what transpires.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...