Friday 13 May 2016

Hazel & Little Hazel: Part 5

With everything that's been going on in the last month I've been in something of a time warp. I can't believe it's been a month since my mother passed away - and I'm also shocked when I  consider all the travelling and goings on I've got through in that time too. No wonder I'm exhausted! Luckily the Moderator's kept the Group going like they always so, and I'm reminded all over again that we're so lucky to have them.

I was really surprised to see so many Hazel Swirl blocks completed over in the Group. I couldn't believe how many of you have progressed along each month without skipping a beat! When I fist came across the working from the reverse method (which I showed you in Hazel Swirl), it took me a while to get my head around the whole idea - but you all seem to have taken it in your stride!

It's really impressive and I was cheered up to see all the centre blocks and swirls waiting around so patiently for this month - and the color and fabric ranges out there - WOW! There's so many of you that every taste, mood and scheme is just about covered. I love to browse the pics and see what you've all been getting up to. And I love the ease of Facebook for doing that - sharing, commenting and linking in is so easy. Actually it's the only reason I love Facebook and I wouldn't be there otherwise. But the ease of connecting with you all over there is just too good to pass up.

This month we're creating the Hazel Star block. In comparison to the last three months, it feels like things just got easy. Most of you know how to piece and will have no trouble at all with this block. I love how it comes together, it's really striking and in the quilt design, it moves the eye along to create a visual flow and connection. Last month's Hazel Swirl blocks represented the winds, this month the Hazel Star blocks represent the sky and surrounding the compass centre point, it all comes together to make me think of journeys, pathways and movement in general.

Remember to read through the pattern before making a start and take your time prepping the pattern Templates. Here's how I made mine:
 the first thing I did was to create 'units' as per the pattern
be sure of your fabrics and Template pieces before attempting to group them
 and then sew these 'units' together to create larger units
 which slot into place 

Hazel & Little Hazel are my current Free BOMs  
You can join my BOM Group my clicking here now. It's full of fabulous, talented women sharing their work, ideas and inspirations as they make my quilt patterns. Join us and our friendly, supportive community today. 
OR 
Wait until the 15th of each month and download the available pattern right here directly on my blog. The choice is yours. My old Yahoo Group has closed due to limitations on the platform. If you haven't come over to the new group, now is a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Although I have not started these yet, I love the blocks as well as the fabrics you have chosen. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...