Friday 20 February 2015

Lily Rose: Puffing out the oval frame

I've decided to 'puff' out the oval frame with some extra batting. I've cut out my batting accurately around the oval template and am putting it down into position accurately. I just feel that the quilt centre needs this little extra. Sometimes, depending on the thickness of the fabrics, I just don't think that extra batting or stuffing areas with trapunto wool is necessary, but lately I've gotten into doing this all over again. It doesn't make an instant visual difference, but it is a subtle and enhancing detail.
the biggest 'difference' will be when I quilt the oval frame; this little bit extra of batting now will really define my stitches. 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...