Saturday 11 October 2014

LE: Vase 2

My second vase has moved along much faster than the first - I think its because I had so many cuts out ready to audition by the time I got to this stage. Here is what I finally decided on. Like it's opposite diagonal, its based on pinks and reds - lighter and darker.
and this is a detail of the main flower head I finally opted for 
but before the bloom head (above) I was actually considering this one (below)
I really thought it looked good, but luckily my DDs both ousted it - they hated it. 'Too retro' they said. Whatever that means? Maybe it is too colourful, but I'm sure I'll find another use for it in another quilt. I ended up auditioning three different fabrics for this bloom (below) and none of them worked until I settled on my final one (in the first picture). As you can see, I haven't finished inner lining the hole of my cross next to this vase, so I have some extra stitchery to do before I can start on Vase 3. 
Finally happy with my selection, and the leaves just slotted in from my pre prepared stash
I'm almost surprised how quickly it all came together
Now I'm ready for the lilacs and yellow to balance out these pinks...

14 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, Esther. I love your final choice. Indeed much better than the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so wonderful.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The detail pictures are so beautiful. I can only imagine what it looks like in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only repeat what the others said: absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing !!! Looks so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really beautiful! Love your fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! I especially love how well your embroidered details marry with the applique. Just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, it's a great choise those pink flowers, I love them. You can realy make invisible stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to see your quilt dripping with ribbons at it's first show outing. (I know there's a long way to go yet but you can tell). I am so pleased your daughters stopped you doing the yellow flower centre, what you chose looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Esther such a lovely flower arrangement and how quickly this one has gone together, wonderful colours and such wonderful sharp edges around your pieces ready for appliqué. Love the touches of embroidery too. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...