Wednesday 1 February 2012

WOW: WIPP-ing up Inspiration



Do visit his website by clicking on image (or name below)

WOW = WIPs On Wednesday


Claude A Simard is a talented painter who's work I am always drawn to. The colours, the shape, the style...everything about it basically inspires me. This video above is a clip of Claude A Simard working on a painting. It goes for 6 minutes and if you watch it, I'm fairly certain it will leave you as speechless as it did me. The moment it suddenly becomes a painting...is breathtaking. If only I could WIP this fast!

I've spent a lot of time looking for inspiration this past week. Looking for a new colour scheme sounds easier than it actually is. I expected that with my fabric stash I would have no problem finding new colour ideas. But nothing worked. And I messed up the stash looking. All fruitless. I went through lots of combinations and possibilities. Fell in love. Changed my mind. Repeat! It feels like once I have decided on a scheme...I become a bit inflexible about changing it. Did I find my new scheme? Yes...eventually. Now that I've chosen it, if feels so predicatble and I don't know why it wasn't my first option all along. You'll know what I mean later in the week. I finally think it's an improvement on the previous choice.

Why is choosing the right combination of colours so hard? Well it is always difficult for me and something I always find myself second guessing. Maybe it's all down to too much choice? I will have to keep working on it and hope that I improve.

Ps.
No parcel yet.

UPDATE: I have just realised after browsing his website, that Claude A Simard has a new book for sale....appropriately titled "Inspiration". Can you believe it? Now I will have to find extra shelf space...this book is a must for me!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I was fascinated that he painted the foreground first before the background. That is something we are not to do with picture applique.
    Now I will have to google him and his works. Such simple brush strokes made a beautiful painting. Thank you Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s fantastic.Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choosing colours is the hardest thing about all quilting projects. Often it is a big struggle, but when it works, it is extra special!

    Thanks for sharing the inspirational paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, what are you going to do with the fabric in the parcel when it arrives? Are you going to incorporate it into the BOM somehow?
    Can't wait to see what's up this time around. Your ideas are all so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...